Assistant Professor, 5532-G Boelter Hall, (310) 267-0169, firstname.lastname@example.org
Office: 5532-G Boelter Hall
- B.S., University of Notre Dame, 2003
- Ph.D., University of Wisconsin-Madison, 2008
- Postdoctoral Fellow, University of California-Berkeley, 2008-2010
- Heterogeneous catalysis and catalytic reaction synthesis
- Alternative energy and chemicals
- Conversion of biomass, natural gas, heavy oil, and coal to fuel and chemical precursors
- Reactive materials for hydrocarbon purification
- Adsorptive separation processes
Selected Publications and Patents
- Hazari, N.; Iglesia, E.; Labinger, J. A.; Simonetti, D. A. Selective
homogeneous and heterogeneous catalytic conversion of methanol/dimethyl
ether to triptane. Accounts in Chemical Research (2012), 45, 653-662.
- Simonetti, D. A.; Carr, R. T.; Iglesia, E. Acid strength and solvation effects on methylation, hydride transfer, and isomerization rates during catalytic homologation of C1 species. Journal of Catalysis (2012), 285, 19-30.
- Simonetti, D. A.; Ahn, J. H.; Iglesia, E. Mechanistic details of acid-catalyzed reactions and their role in the selective synthesis of triptane and isobutane from dimethyl ether. Journal of Catalysis (2011), 277, 173-195.
- Simonetti, D. A.; Ahn, J. H.; Iglesia, E. Catalytic co-homologation of alkanes and dimethyl ether and promotion by adamantane as a hydride transfer
co-catalyst. ChemCatChem (2011), 3, 704-718.
- Simonetti, D. A. and Dumesic, J. A. Catalytic production of liquid fuels from
biomass-derived oxygenated hydrocarbons: catalytic coupling at multiple
length scales. Catalysis Reviews: Science and Engineering (2009) 51(3),
- Kunkes, E. L.; Simonetti, D. A.; West, R. M.; Serrano-Ruiz, J. C.; Gartner, C. A.; Dumesic, J. A. Catalytic conversion of biomass to monofunctional
hydrocarbons and targeted liquid-fuel classes. Science (2008), 322,
- Simonetti, D. A.; Kunkes, E. L.; Rass-Hansen, J.; Soares, R. R.; Dumesic, J. A. Coupling of glycerol processing with Fischer-Tropsch synthesis for
production of liquid fuels. Green Chemistry (2007), 9(10), 1073-1083.
- Soares, R. R.; Simonetti, D. A.; Dumesic, J. A. Glycerol as a source for fuels and chemicals by low-temperature catalytic processing. Angewandte
Chemie, International Edition (2006), 45(24), 3982-3985.
- Simonetti, D. A.; Kanazirev, V. I.; Traynor, T. J. Method of removing mercury from a fluid stream using high capacity copper adsorbents. US Patent 8876952
- Dumesic, J. A; Simonetti, D. A.; Kunkes, E. L. Single Reactor Process for
Producing Liquid Phase Organic Compounds from Biomass. U.S Patent
- Chemical Engineering 200
- Chemical Engineering 104B