CHEMICAL AND BIOMOLECULAR ENGINEERING DEPARTMENT
420 WESTWOOD PLAZA
5531 BOELTER HALL
LOS ANGELES, CA 90095-1592
IMPORTANT INFORMATION REGARDING UNIVERSITY PURCHASES
PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING BEFORE PURCHASING SUPPLIES, SERVICES OR EQUIPMENT OR DOING ANY TRAVEL.
PLEASE DO NOT USE YOUR OWN MONEY/CREDIT CARD TO PURCHASE SUPPLIES, SERVICES OR EQUIPMENT.
ALL FORMS ARE ON THE DEPARTMENT’S WEBSITE UNDER Resources > Forms > Payroll/Purchasing. USE ONLY THESE FORMS. DO NOT MAKE ONE UP.
PURCHASING SUPPLIES, SERVICES AND EQUIPMENT
- Please fill out (type-write) a Purchase Requisition Form completely to purchase supplies, services, or equipment. Form will be returned if not filled out properly.
- Contact vendor for correct pricing (do not rely on website or catalog pricing).
- Make sure you have the correct vendor name (correct vendor name on invoice) and correct telephone, FAX number, and E-mail.
- For “P39 forms” (e.g., for the Chemistry Storeroom, etc.) please fill out a Purchase Requisition Form and place in Miguel Perez’s mailbox.
- DO NOT USE YOUR OWN FUNDS TO PURCHASE SUPPLIES, SERVICES OR EQUIPMENT.
- If a vendor does not accept purchase orders, please consult with Dept. staff.
DEFINITION OF EQUIPMENT:
- FREE STANDING
- NOT AN ATTACHMENT OR ENHANCEMENT TO EXISTING EQUIPMENT
- COSTS AT LEAST $5,000 OR MORE
A vendor quote is needed for all purchases in excess of $5,000. The quote should match the Purchase Requisition Form. At least 1 comparison quote is required. If unsure of how to proceed with the purchase order, please contact Dept. staff.
BUYING OR LEASING TRANSPORTATION
For buying or leasing of transportation, contact Fleet Services first before you contact purchasing.
Please order office supplies from OfficeMax by completing a Purchase Requisition Form. Dept. staff has the catalogs specifically for UCLA (do not use website catalogs).
RETURNING SUPPLIES OR EQUIPMENT OR SENDING EQUIPMENT FOR SERVICE
Please use a Return Goods Memo form when shipping anything to a vendor. The “Return Authorization Number” is the only way to track an item shipped to a vendor. The instructions are printed on the form.
- Contact Dept. staff before making any travel plans.
- Dept. staff can assist in purchasing airplane tickets directly through UCLA Travel with no out of pocket expenses for the traveler.
- All other expenses (e.g., hotel, other transportation, meals, etc.) will be reimbursed after the trip is completed. Please use the Travel Reimbursement Form and attach all receipts and credit card statements.
- Dept. staff processes all the travel reimbursements.
- Conference registrations fees can be paid directly by requesting a check. Please allow at least 6 weeks before registration deadline for check processing.
- Do not pay for another person’s travel expenses unless sharing a hotel room.
NOTE: UCLA DOES NOT REIMBURSE FOR ANY TRAVEL INSURANCE OR VEHICLE INSURANCE. PLEASE CHECK THE UCLA TRAVEL SERVICES WEBSITE
- If you submit timesheets, please fill them out completely and place in Miguel Perez’s mailbox by the 15th of the month.
- Complete all fields on the timesheet. Make sure you indicate the percentage (%) or total the hours in “TOTAL” box.
- Your signature and your supervisor’s signature is required on the timesheet. If your supervisor will be out of town when timesheets are due, please make arrangement to have your timesheet signed beforehand.
- Incomplete timesheets will be returned and may result in a late paycheck. Payment for late timesheets will be scheduled on the next available payday.
Please have Dept. staff complete all order forms for Facilities, SEAS Shops and SEASNET.
Please keep track of all cylinders, in/out.
UCLA’s cylinder management tends to continue charging demurrage (cylinder tank rental) even after the tanks have been returned.
Website to order/track cylinders: Cylinder Management