Frequently asked questions

Q: I am a student trying to enter UCLA for graduate education or other research in Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering.

If you have questions about student admissions and requirements, please contact the Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering Student Affairs Officer by email at the Student Affairs Office or call (310) 825-1203. Basic information on the UCLA Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering Department can be obtained here, and information on graduate studies can be obtained here.

Q:  I have a question about the website design, functionality, or adding my link to the page.

Questions regarding submission of links, the design of this page, or any broken links or other problems can be sent to the Questions regarding admission or academics will not be answered by the webmaster, please direct all such questions to the Student Affairs Office above.

This website consists of mostly original graphics, please do not use without permission.

The current webmaster is .

Q:  I am a foreign student or researcher attempting to get some information about doing research in UCLA’s Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering Department.

The Student Affairs Office will answer your questions about furthering your science career through UCLA’s Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering Department. You can contact the Student Affairs Office by or by calling (310) 825-1203.  You may also want to examine information on the ChE Department, or information on UCLA located on this website, or check the official UCLA website for further information.

Q:  I have a technical Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering question or problem that I would like to discuss with qualified people, or I wish a research affiliation with the UCLA Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering department or faculty.

If you have specific technical questions on Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering, it would be best to consult individual faculty pages for their expertise and contact them individually at their phone numbers or email addresses indicated.

Q:  Where is the UCLA Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering Department?  I wish to contact/visit the department.

The Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering Department is located at the following address:

UCLA Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering Department
5531 Boelter Hall
Los Angeles, CA 90095-1592
Tel: (310) 825-2046
Fax: (310) 206-4107

Please address the package or letter specifically to the attention of whoever you wish to contact, generally either the name of a faculty member or to the Admissions Officer at the Student Affairs Office.

This office is located on the fifth floor of Boelter Hall, located near parking lots 8 and 9 on the UCLA campus.  A map of UCLA can be located here, where Boelter Hall is building 116 located in sector E5 or E6.  Directions to UCLA from LAX (Los Angeles’ major airport) can be located on that page.

When contacting the department, it would help if you consult the person best equipped to handle your problem or question.  This would be the for most general questions regarding admission and the department, the for website questions, and individual faculty for technical questions on research.