Professor, 5532-D Boelter Hall, (310) 206-7980, email@example.com
Office: 5532-D Boelter Hall
- B.S. National Taiwan University, 1993.
- M.S. Massachusetts Institute of Technology, 1995
- Ph.D. Massachusetts Institute of Technology, 1998.
- Rumbel Fellowship, MIT, 1993.
- AVS Coburn and Winters Award, 1996.
- NSF Faculty Career Award, 2000-2004.
- Chancellor’s Career Development Award, 2000-2004.
- William F. Seyer Chair in Materials Electrochemistry, 2000-.
- TRW Excellence in Teaching Award, 2002.
- ONR Young Investigator Award, 2003.
- Teacher of the Year, Chemical Engineering, UCLA, 2003.
- Professor of the Year, Chemical Engineering, UCLA, 2004
- AVS Peter Mark Award, 2005
- Professor of the Year, Chemical Engineering, UCLA, 2009
- Plasma chemistries and surface kinetics
- Atomic layer deposition of complex and multifunctional oxide materials
- Semiconductor processing and chemistry
- Computational surface chemistry
- Nanostructured complex oxides
- M. Sawkar-Mathur and J.P. Chang, “Material and electrical properties of sputter-deposited HfxRuy and HfxRuyNz metals as gate electrodes for p-metal oxide semiconductors field effect transistors devices”, Journal of Applied Physics, 104, 084101, (2008)
- J. Hoang, C.C. Hsu and J.P. Chang, “Feature profile evolution during shallow trench isolation etch inchlorine-based plasmas. I. Feature scale modeling”, J. Vac. Sci. Technol. B., 26 (6), 2008.
- C.C. Hsu, J. Hoang, V. Le and J.P. Chang, “Feature profile evolution during shallow trench isolation etch inchlorine-based plasmas. II. Coupling reactor and feature scale models”, J. Vac. Sci. Technol. B., 26 (6), 2008.
- M. Sawkar-Mathur, S. Perng, J. Lu, H.-O. Blom, J. Bargar, and J. P. Chang, “The effect of aluminum oxide incorporation on the material and electrical properties of hafnium oxide on Ge,” Applied Physics Letters, 93, 233501 (2008).
- J. Liu, Y. Mao, E. Lan, D. R. Banatao, G. J. Forse, J. Lu, H.-O. Blom, T. O. Yeates, B. Dunn, and J. P. Chang, “Generation of Oxide Nano-Patterns by Combining Self-Assembly of S-Layer Proteins and Area Selective Atomic Layer Deposition,” Journal of American Chemical Society, 130 (50), 16908-16913 (2008).
- R. M. Martin and J. P. Chang, “Plasma Etching of Hf-based High-k Thin Films, Part I: Effect of Complex Ions and Radicals on the Surface Reactions,” Journal of Vacuum Science and Technology A 27(2), 209-216 (2009).
- R. M. Martin, H.-O. Blom, and J. P. Chang, “Plasma Etching of Hf-based High-k Thin Films, Part II: Ion-enhanced Surface Reaction Mechanisms,” Journal of Vacuum Science and Technology A 27(2), 217-223 (2009).
- R. M. Martin and J. P. Chang, “Plasma Etching of Hf-based High-k Thin Films, Part III: Modeling the Reaction Mechanisms,” Journal of Vacuum Science and Technology A 27(2), 224-229 (2009).
- Y. Mao, T, Tran, X. Guo, J. Y. Huang, C. K. Shih, K. L. Wang, and J. P. Chang, “Luminescence of Nanocrystalline Erbium-Doped Yttria,” Advanced Functional Materials, 19, 1-7 (2009).
- Y. Mao, X. Guo, J. Y. Huang, K. L. Wang, and J. P. Chang, “Luminescent Nanocrystals with A2B2O7 Composition Synthesized by a Kinetically Modified Molten Salt Method,” Journal of Physical Chemistry C, 113(4), 1204-1208 (2009).
- Chang, J. P., Book Chapter on “High-K Gate Dielectric Deposition Technology Survey” in High-K Gate Dielectric Materials for VLSI MOSFET, Springer-Verlag (2005), (ISBN: 3-540-21081-4).
- Chen, F. F. and Chang J. P., Principles of Plasma Processing: A Lecture Course, Kluwer Academic Publishers, (ISBN: 0-306-47497-2), December 2002.
- Chang, J. P, edited special issue on “Engineering Challenges in Nanotechnology”, International Journal of Engineering Education, Vol. 18 (5), 2002. (Invited)
- Chang, J. P. and Coburn, J. W., Review paper on “Plasma-Surface Interactions “, The 50th Anniversary Commemorative Volume, American Vacuum Society (2003), Journal of Vacuum Science and Technology, A 21(5), Sept/Oct 2003. (Invited)
- Chemical Engineering 101B
- Chemical Engineering 103
- Chemical Engineering 104C
- Chemical Engineering 104CL
- Chemical Engineering 116
- Chemical Engineering 216
- Chemical Engineering 234
- Chemical Engineering 270